The Newair AI-100 Portable Ice Maker is a freestanding countertop appliance that you can take almost anywhere you need clean, fresh ice, and lots of it. Unlike making ice in your refrigerator, the Newair AI-100 only does one thing, and it does it quickly and efficiently.
- Makes up to 28 pounds of ice a day
- Makes ice in 15 minutes
- Three different ice size settings
- Removable ice bin
- Includes ice scoop
- Weighs 26.8 pounds
- Runs on standard household current
- Draws 400 watts in operation
- 14.5” x 11.8” x 15”
- One year limited warranty
If you’re tired of always running out of ice, wrestling fractured cubes out of plastic trays, or finding out the trays are empty when you need ice the most, the Newair AI-100 portable ice maker is just the unit you’ve been looking for. If you’re entertaining outdoors, you’ll save endless trips to the kitchen to get more ice. Since the Newair AI-100 makes ice so quickly, it can save money on trips to the convenient store to buy expensive bagged ice every time you throw a party.
- Simple, intuitive, push-button controls allow anyone to operate
- Ability to choose from three different cube sizes lets you make the right type of ice for your needs, whether you’re filling a cooler for a picnic or filling a glass for a drink
- Ability to make usable cubes in as little as 15 minutes means that you can have a dependable supply of ice without ever running out
- No permanent supply of water necessary, so you can put the icemaker anywhere on your counter, or bring it with you anywhere you need ice
- Clean, modern styling blends in with décor in your kitchen
- Compact, low-profile design fits under upper cabinets, or in your RV, camper, or boat
- Ability to make ice on demand frees up freezer space for food instead of stored ice
- Ice made on demand doesn’t pick up stale taste from being stored in the freezer for long periods
- Can be noisy
- First few batches of ice can have a plastic taste
Reviews and Final Word
Seventy percent of reviewers rate the Newair AI-100 portable ice maker at four stars or better. Users like how fast the unit can produce ice, and how the production of ice is completely unaffected by where the unit is located. Reviewers report using the Newair AI-100 for parties, barbeques, at church functions, in RVs, on boats, and on camping trips using a generator and report the same high-quality results indoors and out, home or away. Like all ice machines, users notice that icemakers make a racket when they first dump their contents into an empty ice bucket, but report that the unit itself is very quiet in operation.
A few users reported problems with operation of the Newair AI-100 Portable Ice Maker when they first purchased it, but one reviewer explained that the compressor that powers this icemaker is designed to be upright in order for the chemicals inside to work properly, and the unit is often turned upside-down during shipping. He suggests placing the unit right side-up for a day before operation, and users who try this approach report flawless results. Overall, the Newair AI-100 Portable Ice Maker is rated a best buy.