Portable ice makers are fast becoming a kitchen essential. If you’re having a party or big family get-together, you know how difficult it is to have enough ice on hand. If you run out, you’re forced to send people to convenience stores and pay for expensive bagged ice, and during hot summer months ice can be hard to find at any price when you need it.
That’s where appliances like the Igloo Ice102 compact ice maker really shine. They take up only a little space on a kitchen counter. Unlike the icemaker you might have installed in your refrigerator/freezer, units like the Igloo Ice102 don’t require any plumbing, because you fill their reservoir with a pitcher of water. If you’re fussy about the taste of the ice you use to cool your drinks, you’ll notice an improvement if you make your ice with a unit like the Igloo Ice102 using filtered or bottled water instead of relying on household water like a refrigerator icemaker.
- Portable ice maker
- Produces batches in 6 minutes
- Holds 1.5 pounds of ice at a time
- Water reservoir holds 2.3 quarts
- Produces 26 pounds of ice in a day
- Runs on standard household electricity
- Electronic controls
- LED indicator for low water and full bucket
- 15” x 11” x 14.5”
- Weighs 22 pounds
The Igloo Ice102 compact ice maker is light and easy to carry, so you can bring it wherever you need ice, as long as you have access to electricity. You’ll notice how convenient it is to make ice continuously outdoors when you’re entertaining on your patio, and appreciate the ability to have unlimited ice on your boat, in your RV, or even for your tailgate party if you have a small generator.
- Light enough to take anywhere
- Makes ice quickly and continuously so you never run out
- Quieter than other icemakers
- Compact size fits on top of kitchen counters underneath upper cabinets
- No plumbing necessary, so it can located anywhere in the kitchen, or anywhere else you need ice if you have electricity available
- Small and light enough to bring on a boat or an RV
- Frees up space in your freezer for food instead of storing ice
- Difficult to differentiate the low water indicator light from the bin full light at a distance
- Some users find the ice bucket undersized
Reviews and Final Word
Almost 75 percent of purchasers rate the Igloo Ice102 compact ice maker at four stars or better. They love the ability of the Igloo Ice102 to make ice continuously during parties and other gatherings so that they don’t have to stop and get ice when they run out.
Many purchasers use the Igloo Ice102 daily in their kitchens instead of the icemaker in their refrigerators, and more than a few report that they were able to postpone replacing refrigerators that suffered icemaker failures by using the Igloo to supply all their ice instead. Many users like the small, bullet-shaped ice cubes, and said that people that liked to chew ice especially liked the cubes the Igloo makes. Reviewers are overwhelmingly positive about the Igloo, and its low price makes it a best buy.